Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Bawk Bawk!

I apologize in advance for there not being a lot of pictures in this post. 


Avery went to daycare one day a week for the past few weeks. The first few days of daycare were rough for her. She was having trouble adjusting. She wouldn’t eat or drink anything for the 9 hours she was there. She would be crying in the corner when I would pick her up. It was heart breaking.

I think she is slowly starting to come around. She ate lunch and a snack and when I picked her up, she was sitting at a table and playing legos with all of the other kids. The teacher told me she even held onto the rope. (They walk in the hallway holding a rope to try to get them to walk in a line). This is amazing because Avery never walks anywhere. She is a diva and wants to be carried everywhere.



 This is a pic of what the rope looks like




Avery got some new pets on Saturday. We ended up getting 3 chickens. They have been fun so far. Never in my life could I have imagined getting chickens in Parma Heights. (I always wanted chickens, just assumed we would get them when we moved somewhere with a bigger yard.) But they are completely legal in Parma Heights so our neighbor can’t complain!


 Avery is very interested in them but doesn’t want to pet them…yet. Scarlett is the most interested. She loves looking in the crate and watching them walk around. I wanted to document this adventure so I started a new blog. http://backyardchickensblog.blogspot.com/  I am not sure how often I will update it. Avery’s blog takes precedence but I will try to keep up with it.

 Look at all the chicks? Can we get one...or 20?

 They are so cute! Their names are Daisy, Fluffy and Raven

Look! Look!


This is going to be their new home when they get bigger. Daddy built them a cool house

On this side of the coop will be the nesting boxes. This is where the chickens will lay their eggs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment