Sunday, July 16, 2017

Happy 4th of July!

Sorry it has been so long since I posted. I need to catch up and then do a small post  with a pic of the day. It would make it so much easier than trying to post 50 pics at once. We had a good Father's day and 4th of July. We saw fireworks, the parade and the annual party at my sister's house. On July 1st, Tim's brother got married so it was nice to hang out with his family and siblings from out of town.

Avery had her first speech appointment on July 6. It went much better than I thought it would. I thought for sure she would sit with her face hidden the entire appointment. She was a little shy at first but then started to be herself. She played with some dolls they had there and she repeated each word she was told. The speech pathologist would ask Avery to point to a picture of something and she would do it.  She asked me what I thought about Avery. I told her that Avery knows exactly what is going on and what we ask her to do but she has difficulty communicating to us. Or if she tries to communicate, we sometimes have a hard time understanding what she is saying. At the end of the appointment, the speech pathologist agreed with what I said. She said she completely agrees that she thinks Avery knows about everything going on around her or what we ask of her, that she just has a hard time communicating. She wants us to focus on the first syllable or words. For instance..the word bottle, Avery says Ottle....she has trouble saying B words..so she wants us to have Avery watch us put our lips together to say the B sound and have her say "Bah" and then we say "ottle"
We will start seeing speech weekly. I think this is going to be really good for Avery. Originally I was scared that it would be a waste of time (because I thought Avery would sit there and be shy) but she impressed me at the first appointment so I think its going to go well.


Reagan is getting so big!



I mean, who doesn't love ice cream?!?!




Yum! An ice cream cookie sandwich!

This is me smiling..lol



Cheese!

Happy wedding day, Jim and Laura!


Me and Mama



Waiting for fireworks to start

Sitting in Daddy's lap and holding Reagan for the fireworks


Waiting for the 4th of July parade to start


Someone in one of my mama's Deceomber 2016 mom groups on facebook made this hat. Its so cute!

 Me and Daddy waiting for candy





Playing with Reagan and Eddie at Aunt Janet and Uncle George's

My mouth is blue!


We are so cute!

Water balloons!


Reagan had so much fun that she passed out in Eddie's room


Reagan is so smart. She has learned how to turn on/off her music soother in her crib



Makinsly, our cousin who just turned two, is feeding Reagan


Joe Joe ate a Groovebook (a book of pictures) that includes a pic of me and Chewie :(

This is a picture from my first speech session


OMG, she is so cute!

2 comments:

  1. Sue, I love your posts and your commitment to continuing the blog! You're a special woman and one I am proud to call my sister. :-) And I'm so happy to hear about the progress Avery is making! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete