Saturday, October 5, 2013

New Foods

Avery has been pretty busy in the few weeks since I posted last. She has been doing pretty well with solid food now. She gets excited when she sees it and starts flapping her arms. She likes to try anything; she obviously doesn't take after me. Her favorite this week was probably clam chowder that she had yesterday. She saw the eye doctor (Dr. Marcotty at Strongsville) and was told her eyes look great so we were excited about that, though she wasn't very excited to get her eyes dilated yet again. We are to follow up in a year.

We saw the cleft palate doctor (Dr. Doumit) yesterday and he said she is set to have surgery on November 27. He said she will spend the night in the hospital and then come home and need to be in arm restraints for 3 weeks! 3 weeks! She is not going to be happy at all. The reason she has to wear the arm restraints is so she doesn't stick anything in her mouth and ruin the stitches. If that happens, they will have to redo the surgery and we don't want that to happen. I am very thankful she is having this done when she is young so she doesn't remember the pain. I don't think the recovery is going to be very fun.

Her tooth is definitely starting to come in more now. The picture below is from about a week ago and I haven't been able to get another picture of it.


I am sad because Lily kept trying to bite my feet! Finally Mommy kicked her out from under there though not before taking a picture.

It was cold for a few dates here so this is how cute I was before going to daycare one day

These are my favorite snacks right now. I found out about them from my friend, Layla.

Sucking my thumb

Getting bundled up for a walk

I'm ready for a walk!

My buddy and I!

I had fun knocking down the tower Daddy made

Helping Mommy with her grocery list

Celebrating Grandpa B's birthday!

My teeth are starting to come in and it hurts!

Mommy bought me an amber teething necklace which is supposed to help with teething pain. I don't know if it helps or not but at least I look cute wearing it

Hanging out with Grandpa S.

Look at my name on my daycare room door.

I finally got to meet my Great Uncle Gary from Wisconsin! He is a lot of fun. I hope to visit him possibly next summer and swim in his pool!

2 comments:

  1. I just want to say how amazing your pictures are. I love the ones with the dogs! I have 2 dogs and can never get even one decent shot, you get great shots every post. Any tricks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trish. I tried to reply through email a few days ago but I don't know if it went through or not. I have to bribe Scarlett, the brown and white dog. Chewie (the black and white dog) is so good with Avery. I put Avery sitting against him in the kitchen today and he didn't move until I picked Avery up. He knew he was supposed to sit there and support her.

      Delete