Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Happy Easter!

Tim has been working hard these past few weeks..not that he didnt work hard before then but on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, he has been working on remodeling his parents bathroom. All the kids chipped in to update it and Tim is doing the work. It is the least we can do for all the help and babysitting Tim's parents do for us. We have been fortunate to have Tim's niece, Jenni, watch Avery a few days a week while he works on the bathroom. Thanks Jenni! And we still have Auntie L watching her a few days a week too. We thank you both!

We hope you all had a good Easter weekend. On Saturday, I helped at one of my best friend's baby shower. I am sooooo excited for Michelle and Todd to be parents! It is the best thing in the world and it couldn't be happening to two nicer people. I can't wait to meet their little guy. I just realized that we might be out of town when he is born. Tim, Avery and I are taking our first real vacation (out of state!). We are going to Durham, NC to visit Greg and Lauren (Tim's brother and sister in law) and then driving to Atlanta to visit our friend's Jason and Rachel and their son, Travis. We are so excited to visit everyone but a little nervous to take Avery on a plane.

On Sunday morning, Avery woke up to an Easter basket full of candy and some toys. Plastic eggs filled with candy were also hidden in the living room. She liked finding them, shaking them, opening them and then begging us to eat all of the candy in every egg. After finding the eggs, we , along with my sister's family, went to visit my mom at work. She is a RN and pretty much works every holiday. We then went to Tim's parents house for dinner.

I think back to Easter last year and am excited we made it through another holiday without going to the ER. Last Easter, Avery developed a high fever. We gave her some tylenol and put her to bed early. She woke up and was burning up with a temp of 105. Tim and I didn't know what to do. Her eyes were starting to roll back in her head and looked like she was going to seizure so we called 911. It was horrible and I feel so fortunate that we didn't have to experience that this year. Even though she is delayed, I am thankful because I know things could be so much worse.


How cute am I in my Easter dress?

Just sliding on the floor in my dress. Nothing to see here.

My cousin Jenni has been watching me for the past few weeks!

Unclie Jimmy!! He is crazy!

Partying with Daddy for Uncle Greg's 40th birthday!

High fives!

I really liked my Easter basket from Aunt Lauren and Uncle Greg

I liked it so much that I wanted to wear the skirt they got me the next day, even though it didn't match my outfit

Selfies with Mommy. In this picture I said CHEEEEEEE...one of these days i hope to finally say Cheese.

Selfies with Mommy and Daddy!

Easter basket from Grandma and Grandpa!

Scarlett was guarding my basket

Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!

Snacking on the couch with Daddy

Coloring Easter eggs. I was telling Daddy what to do


Decorating eggs

We even had Mickey Mouse eggs



Does it look like I'm having fun?


My Easter basket!!

Scarlett must really like guarding Easter baskets. She is making sure Lily doesn't get anything from it

Look at all this fun stuff

Bubble Guppie Bubbles!

Checking out new stamps that were in my basket

Look what's in this egg, Daddy

Chewie Bunny! He looks thrilled!

Scarlett also seems super excited

It was pretty nice out on Easter so we went outside and played with bubbles. Even Lily got to come outside

My hair is glowing

Family photo


Here is Mommy and Daddy. I love them!

The only way they could get me to smile for the picture was to tickle me!

No comments:

Post a Comment