Saturday, January 28, 2017

Rainbow baby

After every storm there is a rainbow of hope.

Reagan is a rainbow baby. A rainbow baby is a baby born after a miscarriage or loss. After all the issues we had with Avery, it took us a few years to decide we wanted to have a baby after her. When we finally decided we wanted to have a baby, we had trouble conceiving. It took us almost a year and a half and we finally got pregnant. We were so excited and told everyone at Avery's 3rd birthday party. It was early on in the pregnancy (i believe around 6-7 weeks) but everyone was there and we decided to tell everyone because we were so excited.

We had an ultrasound a couple weeks later, and it turns out the baby's heart stopped beating and that we miscarried. We later found out it was a boy. It was devastating because we tried for so long to get pregnant again and the fact that it was a boy really hurt. I know Tim always wanted a boy and it would have been cool to have one of each but it wasn't in the plans.

I ended up having a D&C at the end of September because my body didn't realize I had miscarried. I then had a chemical pregnancy in January and February of 2016. When I saw the positive pregnancy test again in March, I didn't get too excited after what happened the two months prior. I just walked up to Tim and showed him the test and I said I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Well little Reagan surprised us because up until 23 weeks, everything went smoothly! Reagan ended up holding out until 32 weeks before she decided she wanted to meet us. So far, she has been very different than Avery, besides needing to spend time in the nicu.

She has been on track with her milestones and diaper and clothes sizes. She is currently 3 months old and she wears 3 month clothes. She has a gigantic noggin. Her head is in the 90th percentile. :) Yes, it is huge..lol.

Here is my sister, a rainbow baby..she looks like a mermaid in this pic.
                                   

Isn't she pretty?



No comments:

Post a Comment