Thursday, September 19, 2019

Size comparison

I know I already posted this pic of Avery but I just wanted to show you her size at 25 weeks (1lbs8oz 12.5 inches long) compared to Reagan born at 32 weeks (3lbs 11oz and 18 inches long)

Those 7 weeks make a HUGE difference. That is why doctors try to do everything to keep the baby cooking in the womb. After my pre-term labor with Avery, they decided to watch me much closer with Reagan. I was taking vaginal progesterone suppositories, weekly progesterone shots (Makena), and had a cerclage because my cervix kept shortening. Then I was on bed rest and finally on hospital bed rest for 3 weeks. I also received steroid shots to help Reagan's lungs if she would arrive early. No matter what they did, Reagan decided she had enough and wanted to come out and see the world. 


You could see Reagan's cute little face because she didn't need any oxygen. She was super long for being 8 weeks early!


Here are Avery's little foot prints. 


Here are Reagan's 


Size difference when Kangarooing




Reagan





No comments:

Post a Comment