Thursday, November 28, 2013

Surgery Day- part two

We finally got moved up to a room around 2:45. Avery has been resting fairly well while we hold her. She was originally given fentanyl for her pain right after surgery, then was given IV Tylenol (which supposedly is better than regular Tylenol but I don't believe it) and the doctor ordered morphine but she hasn't had any doses of it yet. We are trying to stay on top of her pain but I think the nurses are going to wait until she gets fussy before giving her any more. It's been about 3.5 hours since she was given the Tylenol through her iV.   So far so good. The restraints do not stay on well at all and have already come off about 4 times. It should be a fun game trying to keep them on her. She hasn't complained or been upset about them yet but she is still pretty groggy and tired.

Tim and I are going to go home for a few hours and then come back later and spend the night here. Hopefully everything will go well tonight. Here are a few pictures from today. 

Ignore the dumb face I am making in this pic

Arm restraints. They even have a red headed girl on them.

Pulse ox, IV and allergy bracelet identifier. The only reason she is wearing the allergy bracelet is because I told them I didn't want her to have augmentin for antibiotics because that's when she had the horrible diarrhea and diaper rash. 

Rocking my girl to sleep


Tim holding Avery's hand

Avery's room for the night. Luckily there is a bed in there that Tim or I can sleep in. There is also a recliner and rocking chair in the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment