Friday, November 22, 2013

Happy Birthday Tim!

Wednesday was my last Wednesday off with Avery. We decided to go shopping. We went to Southpark and Avery got her picture taken with Santa. I know it's a little early but she will soon have her arms in restraints for the next 3 weeks and will probably be an unhappy camper. Avery also had her pre-op appointment on Wednesday. Everything went fine. She is still a little peanut...only weighs 13lbs 15oz. She also received her flu shot and Synagis shot. She woke up crying at 12:45am. She was burning up. Her temp was 102.3. She never had a reaction to any of her vaccinations before. We gave her some tylenol, sat with her until she fell asleep and then checked on her an hour later to make sure her temp had gone down. It had so we went back to bed. Her temp was 99 in the morning. She did fine at daycare on Thursday but took a 3 hour nap when she was there.

One of Avery's Christmas gifts is going to be a 6 month subscription to Citrus Lane. It's kind of like a Bark Box for kids. It comes every month and is filled with products recommended by moms. When you sign up, you enter your baby's birthdate and they send age appropriate items. You can also select male, female or gender neutral gifts. We received our first one this past week and I couldn't wait until Christmas to open it. In it we received some reusable snack bags, a coupon for a free pouch of baby food, a cute spoon and fork, lip balm(sometimes they throw a special treat in for mom) and a really sweet toy boat that you can use in the bath tub. The boat is also a pitcher so you can use it to rinse shampoo out of your baby's hair. If you would like to sign up, please use the link below. You will get $10 off your order and I will get a $10 credit.
https://www.citruslane.com/invitedby/Susan.Svitak.2257762

Today is Tim's birthday! I ended up dressing some of the kids up in party hats to surprise him. It took a little bribing but it turned out cute.

Today was also my last day of working in Call Center Support Services at Cleveland Clinic. I had a great time working with all of them. They were there for me when trying to get pregnant, the days I would come in to work crying because Avery was having a bad day in the nicu, and also were there to celebrate the good times. I will miss them but know I will still be working with them on some upcoming projects. I am excited to start in my new position in the Telecom department with the Cleveland Clinic.

Avery has her surgery on Wednesday. When we went for the pre-op, Dr Love said she is so excited for us. I looked at her like she was crazy. I told her that she is not going to be the one that Avery is going to hate for the next three weeks when she is healing. She said it is going to be great. This surgery could solve all her issues. She won't be as congested all the time and she will finally be able to eat whatever she wants. Right now she is very interested in everything Tim and I eat but she has trouble eating it. We gave her mashed potatoes the other day and she choked on them because they got stuck in the hole in the roof of her mouth. I just had to look at it from a different point of view but Dr Love is right. This surgery is (eventually) going to be great for her. I will try to update everyone on Wednesday night about how her surgery went.

Not sure if you have seen this or not but it's about a family that had a baby born 15 weeks early. So many similarities to Avery. The husband made a video for his wife's birthday regarding the first year of their son's life. Watching the video brought back so many emotions that I experienced when Avery was in the NICU. Even though this video didn't have Avery in it, I feel like it tells her story. Click the link below to watch it.

http://vimeo.com/78393869

I love my fridge toy. 

Look, I have all these toys but I like playing with diapers instead!

 Read my shirt...it's so true!

Playing with Daddy

I wasn't very happy meeting Santa because the last time I met him I was in the NICU.

Kaitlin came over the other day to play with me.

Here is my first Citrus Lane box. Mommy is going to wrap it up and give it to me for Christmas. I think I am going to love getting these boxes every month.

I am Wall to Wall Plumbing's biggest fan!

Happy Birthday Daddy! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment