Sunday, January 19, 2014

Swallow Study

Avery had her swallow study on Wednesday. She did good. I thought for sure she wouldn't eat because the taste of the barium but it didn't seem to bother her. The swallow study was pretty neat and I'm glad Tim and I got to be there and see it happen. First they tried pudding, then formula and finally crackers. Out of 46 swallows, she had one aspiration. The only problem was that when it happened she didn't do anything. Most kids cough when something goes down the wrong pipe. They said if she gets aspirations that could be a major cause of her breathing problems. They said since it only happened once during the test, it's not bad enough to have to thicken her formula. They advised us to keep her really upright when feeding her. We used to lay her in our arm or on the arm rest of the couch and now we are trying to keep her more upright. They also said she is capable of eating what a 13 month old can eat which is her corrected age. We will start giving her new things to try. We will be trying to send her to daycare agin starting in April. I heard the flu season is going to be really bad this year so Tim is now staying home during the day with her and then working when I get home. It really sucks and I wish she would be able to go to daycare. We are so happy Tim's sister, Terri was able to help out for a few weeks. We are excited she just was offered a new job but Avery (and Tim and I) are going to miss her. She did great watching Avery.  Tim's mom has also been a huge help. She has been coming over after work and watching Avery until I get home from work. It let Tim get a few hours head start on his jobs. Otherwise he would have to wait until I get home around 5:30. 

This week Avery has an appointment for nutrition. We are going to see how much pediasure she should be taking and for the dietician to fill out forms for BCMH to get her Pediasure covered. Until then we have been giving her formula, along with baby food and some random pediasure. She also had an appointment with ENT and they were supposed to be scheduling a hearing test. I am going to call them tomorrow because if there is no hearing test scheduled, I don't want to drag her out to see ENT.

Thanks again to Tim's mom and dad, Greg, Lauren and Terri for watching Avery these past few weeks!

I love listening to mommy talk even though I have no idea what she is saying

I am really good at making a mess of mummy's coupons!

I was helping daddy with the tv

This is the weird chair I sat in for the swallow study. Mommy said she wished she would have taken video of the food going down because it was really neat to see.

I love walking along the couch. I think I am a gangster with one pant leg up and one down...didn't they used to do that in the 80's/90's?

Look how cute I am when I sleep. Daddy said the other day that he couldn't believe I was his child because I am so cute!

Look at all these chompers in my mouth! Yes, I am playing in the bathroom because mommy was trying to get ready.

Mommy asked me where my stinky feet are and I showed her my foot!

I LOVE when mommy puts this lipstick on me. I tried putting it on mommy and I ended up punching her in the face. 

I hate to have my hands touched so the doc said to let me play with different textures. I love eating pudding but I'm not a fan of playing with it. 

No one can see me so I can poop now. Seriously, if you see me in this position for a minute I am probably pooping.

Hmmm what kind of trouble can I get myself into?

No comments:

Post a Comment