Thursday, March 27, 2014

Not another hearing test

Last week I took Avery to the new library for the first time. I figured it would give her something to do while exposing her to some germs. She seemed to really like it. A little girl came up right next to her and Avery just stared at her and smiled. She seemed very excited to see kids her age.

I took the day off and we took Avery to the ENT doctor on Tuesday. It was just a follow up from when she saw him at the beginning of the month. He cleaned out her ear, said it looks like her ear drum moves when air is blown in there(which is good) and then he wanted her to go for another repeat hearing test. It was 12pm and we would have to wait around until 1:00 because the audiologist was at lunch. We didn't know he was going to want to do another heating test. The hearing test normally takes two hours because Avery needs to be sleeping. She isn't old enough to raise her hand when she hears a sound so they put sensors on her and buds in her ears and wait for her to fall asleep. Needless to say its a long process because Avery doesn't want to sleep when that is happening.

Anyways, we decided not to schedule the hearing test that day.  We ended up scheduling it 6 months down the road. I don't know how much would really change in less than a month since the last test anyway. The doctor still wants to put tubes in her ears and we still are against it. Tim and I feel Avery is hearing fine. She is starting daycare again on Monday and I think once she is back to being around kids, she is really going to take off developmentally. If she isn't talking in 6 months, I will then start being concerned.

We bought a season pass to the zoo so we decided to take Avery to the rain forest for a few hours after her ENT appointment. She liked the animals but I think she had a better time looking at all the other kids that were there. It was nice to finally do something fun as a family.

Playing at the library

More fun at the library

Mommy laughs every time she sees this picture. It looks like I was flying but I wasn't going that fast. She said it looks like I am on that old tv game show Supermarket Sweep and I am running with my shopping cart.

I wanted to get closer to the tv. Do you think this is close enough?

Looking at fish at the Rain forest. 


Mommy and I looking at turtles

Posing for a pic at the rain forest

I like sitting on Daddy's shoulders

Looking at the monkey

He jumped over to the window to see me and then to eat

The bird landed on the railing right by us! Daddy was scared to get me too close

My favorite were the orangutans!

Eddie brought me over his old toy. It's a toy house!

Welcome to my house!

Hanging out with Great Grandma

Daddy and I got Mommy her favorite flowers for her birthday..daffodils! Scarlett wanted to be in the picture too!

I was trying to tickle Chewie

I love my Daddy! I am happy I am going to daycare next week but I am sad I am not going to hang out with him as much as I did these past 3 months.



No comments:

Post a Comment