Monday, March 10, 2014

So proud of my girl

Avery has been doing well since my last post. We started taking her out again in public to try to expose her to some germs before she goes back to daycare in April. I figure putting her back into daycare without doing that is like throwing her to the wolves and she would get sick right away. She still might, but I hope she doesn't. 

Avery made me cry today. I ended up taking her to the mall and we were sharing a soft pretzel with cheese. I asked her if she wanted more and she did sign language and signed the word more. I was so amazed and proud that I started crying at the mall. That is the only sign I know so I will have to learn more and try to teach her. Avery has a follow up scheduled with the ENT on March 25. Not much else had been going on. I just wanted to post some pictures. 

Mommy put her plate of spaghetti down. I crawled over to see her and sat right on her plate of spaghetti. Then when mommy was changing my pants, my puppies ate all of her spaghetti!! It was almost as if we had planned it. 

Playing with my new blocks that mommy got free from saving her Pampers reward codes. 

I Love Popcorn!! I like to eat it. I love to smoosh it between my fingers and break it into a million pieces. I also love feeding popcorn to my doggies. Notice how interested they are in the picture. 

I love sitting on Daddy's shoulders

Daddy dressed me today, can you tell? I have my jammies on and a long sleeved shirt over it 

Playing with my monkey 

Mommy said Cheeeeeese one day when taking my pic and this is the face I gave her. 

I have seen mommy scratch off a few lottery tickets so I wanted to try

Helping daddy do the dishes

Mommy went to the kitchen, came back into my room and I had all of the diaper refill bags pulled out of the box

Mommy took me to the mall and I started waving at everyone

My buddies and I 

Mommy said she found this on Pinterest but it's actually from a commercial for a baby carrier. She said it's all so true, except for the part about me being 8 pounds..
I felt you. You were a pea. Then a lemon. Then an eggplant. I followed advice. I read twelve books. I quit coffee. Could you tell I was scared?
I talked to you, sang to you... I wasn't ready.
But then you were here. Ten toes. Eight pounds. Love. Big fat love.
I held you. I fed you. I realized that I would spend my life doing things to make you happy -- and that that would make me happy.
And then there are the times I want to give up. You've made me rethink my sanity. You've made me want to fall on my mother's feet and tell her that I get it.
But then you smile and you say my name -- and you grab my hand with those little fingers.
We're growing together. We are seeing the world like it's new. I will open my heart and love will rain down all over you. You'll giggle, and I'll do it all over again. And we will walk hand in hand. Until you let go.
I made you, but you made me a mother.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment