Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Boo! (At the zoo)

We took Avery to Boo at the Zoo this past Sunday with her cousins. The weather was pretty nice the first few hours and then it got cold. I think Avery had a good time seeing her cousins and all of the costumes.

 

We took Avery to the audiologist today for a hearing aid evaluation. She showed us an example of how loud normal conversation is and then she showed us how Avery hears, based on her test results. Tim and I could hardly hear anything. Now I feel bad for waiting this long to do something about her ears. No wonder she isn’t talking yet. They did a mold of her ears and in a few weeks, she should have her new hearing aids! They try to make it fun for kids and offer a variety of colors for the outside part and the part that goes in her ear can even have sparkles in it. We just went with basic colors and clear for the inside. If she is still wearing these when she is older, she can pick out what color she wants.


I got my new camera yesterday. I finally got a "real" camera as I like to call it. It's a Nikon D5200 DSLR. You can change all the shutter speeds and aperture, etc. Luckily it has an Auto mode which I will be using until I have it figured it. I am going to a photography class next week. If was $65 for two people for 3 hours. You can't pass that up. Grandma S is going to be watching Avery so I can go. Thank you so much grandma S!


Hopefully you all will see my photography improve in the next blog post because I will no longer always be using pics from my cell phone. 


I love to tickle myself!

Mmmmm pistachio pudding 

Hanging out with my friend Aria at the mall 

Look, I'm driving a car

After 20 minutes, I finally warmed up and started playing. Look how cute our butts are!

Peek a boo!

Riding a bike at grandmas 

Oooooh oooohh aaaaahh aaaahhh. I am a monkey 

Eddie (a minion) and Kaitlin (john Cena, a wrestler) and me a monkey 

Mommy daddy and I 

Kaitlin and I 
 
Riding the carousel. I wanted to ride on a dog! Go figure 

Mommy daddy and me selfie 

This was right before we left. It was getting cold!

Brrrrrrr! I am ready to leave!

My new hearing aid is going to look like a mix between these two models

Getting a mold taken of my ears for my new hearing aids. They filled my ears with moldable putty and then let it harden. (The pic is before they put the putty in). They gave me the rest to play with and of course I ended up trying to eat it. Mommy said she is happy that I will soon be able to hear Chewie fart because it's funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment