Tuesday, October 7, 2014

NICU Reunion

It has been over 3 weeks and Avery is still coughing. We took her to the doctor on Wednesday and the doctor wanted us to increase Avery's breathing treatments and come back Thursday. We brought her back on Thursday and the doctor said Avery's breathing sounded better. We decided it would be best to make an appointment with a pulmonologist (lung doctor) since Avery has so many breathing issues. Also then we will be able to get Avery's breathing prescriptions (albuterol and pulmicort) covered by BCMH.

Last Sunday we went to my parent's house to celebrate my dad's birthday and then we went apple picking. Well we tried to go apple picking. Just our luck that they would be out of apples when we went. We stopped at a few fall festivals on the way home. At one of the festivals there was a game where you guess the amount of mini pumpkins in a basket. The next day I got a call saying I had won. I guessed 91 and there were 92. I won a $50 gift certificate to the garden center.

This past Saturday we attended a NICU reunion for babies born at Hillcrest in 2012. It was nice to see some of the families that we met a few years ago and we got to see how well everyone is doing. We also got to see one of Avery's primary nurses and her occupational therapist. I am happy I didn't see the nurse manager when I was there because I still don't think she had any right telling us we weren't at the Nicu enough. My friend said she saw her for a minute but luckily I did not.

Fall pictures with Daddy

 And Mommy

Playing with the ball

Playing doctor with Eddie

Family photo

I love guacamole!

I have been having a lot of tantrums ever since I turned two

Happy birthday Grandpa B!

Feeding my baby doll

Look I am a witch

Look at me! I look silly

Walking through the corn maze 

Posing with mommy 

Who said this corn maze was going to be fun?

Posing with daddy
Pumpkins everywhere. I am the cutest little pumpkin there is

This goat is pretty cute 

You need a hug!

I love baths!

Peek a boo!

Mommy and daddy have to give me breathing treatments when I sleep because I move around too much during the day. I must move around in my sleep too, notice I have one sock on and one sock off.

This is Michelle. She was one of my primary nurses when. I was in the Nicu.


Pictures with the princess

Mmmm Capri suns!

This is Victoria. She was my occupational therapist and helped me eat from a bottle. We tried 100's of bottles when I was in the Nicu. 

My friends sabrina and emme. They were in the Nicu the same time I was

Here is another pic of Lauren, Mikey (he was also in the Nicu the same time I was), mommy, Sabrina, Jen and Emme.

Now I carry a blanket around with me when I drink a bottle

Playing with my cousin Kassidy

No comments:

Post a Comment