Monday, December 1, 2014

Hearing aids

Sorry I am so late posting an update. Things have been a little hectic around here with doctor appointments, the holiday and a wedding.

Avery was one of the flower girls in Greg (Tim’s brother) and Lauren’s wedding. She is in stage right now where she is super shy and clings to me or Tim. She refused to walk down the aisle by herself so I carried her. While waiting in line to go down the aisle, I looked down and realized Avery was only wearing one shoe. One of her shoes had fallen off and I had no clue where it was. We ended up praying nobody noticed and just walked down with one shoe on. While watching Greg and Lauren say their vows, Avery decided to be loud and scream. She didn’t calm down so I took her to a room in the back of the church. We missed the whole wedding and were in there so long that I managed to find Avery’s missing shoe under a couch.

We hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. My mom had to work so we celebrated with Tim’s family.

Last week we went and saw Audiology with the Cleveland Clinic. We had the molds taken of her ears and FINALLY placed an order for her hearing aids. Since we are going through the Cleveland Clinic, they will be paying for half and we are in the process of getting BCMH to pay for the other half. I am so excited for Avery to get her hearing aids. I really hope they help her with speech development. She is starting to get frustrated that we don’t know what she wants and we will get frustrated because she will just point towards the fridge and say “uhuh”. Then we spend ten minutes showing her every food and drink in the fridge while she shakes her head no. It will be great when she can finally tell us what she wants or what’s bothering her. She is going to be getting an Oticon Sensei hearing aid... They take a few weeks to come in. We have an appointment on December 17 for her to try them on and for the audiologist to show us how to work them.

Tim made Avery a cool house out of some big boxes that we had. It has windows, a door, shutters, a chimney, etc. It is pretty awesome and the best part is that Avery loves it! She loves sticking her head out of the window and throwing a ball through it. She also screams when Lily goes in the house and sometimes Lily jumps out of the window. I am sure the house would be bigger if we had a larger living room.

Hi neighbor!

Welcome to my house!

Ahhhhhh!! This is awesome

Want to come in my house, Chewie?

It looks cold out there

Doing one of the things I like best...feeding the dogs

Bubbles!

Cheese!

Thanks for building me this awesome house Daddy. I love you!

Taking care of my baby

Me and Mommy

It was Daddy's birthday and me and the puppies wanted to surprise him. Those dogs did not want to keep their party hats on

I didn't like the party hat on my head so I decided that it makes a good fruit holder instead

Hey guys, want to come check out my new house?

Hard at work

I decided that I wanted to write like this one day

 Oops, thats not the paper

I love reading books

Me and Mama

Family photo!

This is a pic of a picture that the photographer took. I didn't really feel like walking down the aisle.Its hard to tell in the pic but I am only wearing one shoe!

2 comments:

  1. I have been following Avery's story for a long time now. I can't believe how much she has grown up. She is absolutely adorable and the pictures with the dogs in hats just melts my heart. I have 2 big dogs and don't even have 1 great picture of them together after 8 years of trying, you seem to have endless. Totally jealous. :)
    Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trish! Thanks for keeping up with Avery. I had to bribe those dogs with treats to stay! Lol

    ReplyDelete