Friday, October 2, 2015

A Weekend of Firsts

Someone had a big weekend filled with Firsts!!
It was Avery’s first time sleeping in her big girl bed. She has tried to climb out of her crib a few times. She is so short that she will never get the satisfaction of actually making it out on her own. She has tried. Even when she stacks up all her stuffed animals in her crib and climbs on top of them, she still can’t get over the side of the crib. We have been waiting to switch her crib to a bed for awhile but I wanted to make sure we had her dresser and book shelf attached to the wall first. I have heard of horror stories of kids getting up in the middle of the night, climbing on the bookcase or dresser and having it fall over on them. I knew I did not want to change her bed until we made sure that was not going to happen. Tim ended up attaching the dresser and book case to the wall on Saturday. We bought her a Madagascar toddler bed set. She likes it because she likes any kind of animal. Her room was blue from the fish/ocean theme so I didn’t want to get Disney Princesses or anything pink.

She was so cute when she first saw her bed. She climbed right up in it, jumped up and down, and grabbed all of her stuffed animals. She then grabbed blankets she hasn’t touched in years and those had to come in bed with her too. Then she kept getting in and out of the bed. After that, she decided she didn’t want anything on the bed so she threw everything on the ground. We tried tucking her in a few times and a few minutes later, we would hear knocking on her door. She wanted to come out. Tim would lay her back down in bed, sit there for a few minutes and then say goodnight.

The whole process from when she first saw her bed to the last time Tim tucked her in, took about an hour. She ended up sleeping in her bed the whole night. I was worried about her rolling out because she moves around a lot in her sleep but she somehow managed to stay in the bed the whole time. I would say the first night in her big girl bed was a success.

Recently, every time I gave Avery a bath, I would complain how her hair was past her butt and was so hard to comb.  She finally got her first haircut on Sunday. I was going to go to a special place for kids, but we all know Avery and there is no way she was going to sit in a race car by herself while someone cut her hair. We ended up going to Great Clips and it actually was a good experience. They put a cape on Avery and put one on me. They then had her sit sideways on my lap. They gave her a sucker while they cut her hair. She ended up getting about 2.5-3 inches cut off. Since it was her first haircut, they give you a little card with the date and a clipping of her hair as a souvenir. It was actually very cute.  Later that night, I gave her a bath and she let me straighten her hair a little bit. It looked so nice. I had to take a bunch of pictures because for those of you that know Avery, I probably won’t get another picture of her with her hair down for 6 months. She HATES having her hair down. She hates when it’s in her face. We have tried clips and headbands but what she likes the most is just having her hair in a ponytail so that’s what we do most days. Hopefully she will start letting us keep it down once in a while.

First I decided to jump on my bed and play with the music/nightlight

Then I decided to get out of bed...

...and grab my blanket

I wrapped bunny up in a blanket like a baby
Then I got back out of bed.
Then I got back in bed and acted like a chicken...seriously, I did.

Then I had to get out of bed again...

..and I decided I didn't want any covers on my bed

Chewie had to come check it out

I finally put covers and stuffed animals back on my bed and fell asleep. Trying to get my big girl bed ready is tiring!

This is what my hair looked like before my haircut. It really needed to be cut.
I was being so good sitting on Mommy's lap
I even got a sucker! Getting my haircut isn't so bad...except when I got my sucker stuck in my hair. Luckily Mommy doesn't have a picture of that.
I was so good and everyone thought I was so cute.
My first haircut!

Here is a lock of my hair and a souvenir for Mommy and Daddy!


 I let Mommy dry and straighten my hair a little bit. I hope she liked it because it won't be happening very often.











No comments:

Post a Comment