Wednesday, June 1, 2016

4 of us actually went to Walt Disney World...





There were actually 4 of us that went to Walt Disney World…we are pregnant! After a miscarriage in September at 10 weeks and then chemical pregnancies in January and February, I thought “here we go again” when I got a positive pregnancy test in March. I actually found out on my birthday (Easter this year). I was excited yet very hesitant to even tell Tim. I showed him the test and I said “look, though who knows whats going to happen”. We were excited but with our history of failed pregnancies, we were trying to not get too excited.


I got my bloodwork done to check my HCG levels and we were officially pregnant. I then got it tested 5 days later to make sure my HCG levels were rising and not decreasing like they did in January with the chemical pregnancy. They were definitely rising.


I was sad I couldn’t go on the big rides or drink while on vacation at Disney World but it is of course worth it. While on vacation, I had the greatest idea to have Avery hold up a sign (in Disney font) in front of Cinderella Castle to say “Dreams Really Do Come True” and then another sign that said “I’m going to be a big sister”. But of course that didn’t work out as planned so that’s when I thought of the idea to get the mouse ears embroidered.


During weeks 6-9 I was really nauseous especially at night. I only threw up once, due to my prenatal vitamin. The prenatals (no matter what brand I take) make me so nauseous that I resorted to taking 2 of Avery’s gummy vitamins daily. My doctor advised me that it was ok.



Since I have had issues getting pregnant/staying pregnant and have a history of premature labor, I will be getting progesterone injections starting at week 16 until week 34. The goal is to help prevent me from going into labor early. I will also be meeting with maternal fetal medicine (high risk doctor) and we will develop a plan.


I ended up having genetic bloodwork done (because I am old---36). It checks for the 5 most common syndromes/trisomy's. It can also tell me the sex of the baby. I had it done on May 20. I will talk about that experience and those results in the next blog post.


Sorry for taking so long to post. We have been busy trying to stay pregnant and also putting an offer in on a new house!



No comments:

Post a Comment