Tuesday, April 16, 2019

March for Babies!

Its that time of year again. The March of Dimes March for Babies. I am sooooo happy they made it in May this year. I never knew why they would do it in April when 90% of the kids who have something to do with March of Dimes were born prematurely and have compromised immune systems. So far in the past 6 years that I have participated in the walk, I have never brought my kids because it has always been cold, rainy or cold and rainy. Hoping I can take them this year. If anyone wants to walk with us, please register for the Hillcrest Hospital team. If you raise $25, you will get a Hillcrest Hospital/Cleveland Clinic team shirt.

Last year I got really cute shirts made for the kids with their statistics on the back. It still amazes me how great Avery is doing. Yes she has some setbacks, but I know it could have been a lot worse. If you would have seen her the day she was born, you would never believe she would be where she is at today. And that is why I walk every year. Its the least I can do.

Even though we had some issues with the nurse manager at the hospital (who is no longer employed there by the way), that cannot take away from the fact that everyone else there was awesome and our kids are alive today because of them.

March for Babies - Susan Svitak page




No comments:

Post a Comment