Monday, April 14, 2014

Having fun with the animals

Not much has happened this past week but I wanted to share some pictures with you guys. We attended my niece, Kaitlin's 7th and nephew, Eddie's 4th birthday party on Friday. My sister hired Outback Ray. He brought about 10-15 animals with him to educate the kids including snakes, turtles,geckos,chinchillas, etc. I thought his show was great. He was awesome with the kids and I love animals so I really enjoyed the show. I highly recommend him. 
http://www.outbackray.com 

Avery was sick last week and she is still having a runny nose and cough this week. She is acting like she is feeling better though so that is good. 

We ended up buying a season pass to the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo. I feel that we are going to use it a great deal and it's nice being able to go for about 2-3 hours and if Avery is getting fussy, we can leave and not feel like we wasted out money because we didn't spend the whole day there. I ended up taking her there yesterday (Saturday) by myself. She did really well and her favorite thing was the petting zoo. When she saw the sheep and goats she would wave at them and make noises (like she does when she sees that the dogs are ready to come in from the outside). She wasn't really a fan of getting her picture taken while she was there but there are a few shots. 

I finally got a picture of the fistula (hole) in Avery's mouth. It is right in the center, though the picture makes it look likes it's on the side, and it's about 2-3mm according to the doctor. The picture does show that Avery's two front teeth are pretty yellow. This happens a great deal in preemies. Most of the time when their adult teeth come in they will be perfectly normal and white. The reason they are yellow is most likely due to loss of enamel and high bilirubin levels whe she was in the Nicu. Remember all those days she wanted to be a diva and wore sunglasses and was under the bilirubin lights in the Nicu? I have heard of some babies whose teeth come in completely brown so a little yellow discoloration doesn't matter. It could be worse. 

This is a picture of me and Daddy from when I didn't feel well last week. 

Mommy finally got a pic of this fistula in my mouth. It's the dark line to the right. The picture doesn't really show the exact location. She took it on an angle and the hole is actually right in the middle of my mouth. 

Time for a bath. Both dogs wanted to jump in!


It's that time of year again... The march of Dimes March for Babies walk. I am going to go with Mommy and Aunt Janet this year if the weather cooperates. This pic is from last year. Thank you Deb, Cyndi and Sharon for the donations!!

Outback Ray, Kaitlin and his big snake named Sponge bob! 

Happy birthday Kaitlin and Eddie!

Look how festive I was. I wore my cheetah pants to the animal show!

Grandma and Grandpa were there too!

Having fun at the zoo!

Looking at the elephants

Posing for a pic with mommy.

The goat photo bombed this pic of mommy and I 

Always remember to stop and smell the roses. (I know those aren't roses but I thought I should quote a famous saying)

Mommy and I 
 Hanging out with Chewie while daddy was working in the yard.

Playing in my cozy coupe. Thanks Chuck and Heather!

Mommy knew this day was coming. I almost put the cat food in my mouth thinking it was my puffs that I like to eat. Luckily Mommy stopped me right after she took this picture. 


No comments:

Post a Comment