Tuesday, April 29, 2014

March for Babies

On Sunday Tim’s sister, Terri, my sister, Janet and I attended the March of Dimes March for Babies walk. It was nice that it was in the Wade Oval area instead of downtown this year. The scenery was much better to look. I was happy that it didn’t rain like it did last year. It also seemed much more organized. We didn’t have to wait in any lines for registration or free giveaways.

Being there on Sunday made me feel so proud to have a preemie and be a part of this journey with all of these amazing preemie families. I had to stop listening to the ambassador family’s speech at the start of the walk because I was starting to tear up.

I am happy I didn’t bring Avery to the walk because it was pretty cold. I don’t know why they don’t hold this walk like a month later, knowing there are going to be so many small children and babies attending.

I can’t wait to do the walk next year.


Tim and I got asked by Therese from March of Dimes to come and talk at the support meeting at Hillcrest regarding our nicu journey and what we have experienced by having a 25 weeker. I always attended the meetings on Wednesdays when Avery was in the nicu because I loved hearing about each baby’s story. I still tear up when talking about her birth and nicu stay but I am so proud of how far she has come.


This is my mommy and Aunt Janet walking for me

My Aunt Terri and Mommy. I am so happy Aunt Terri did the walk this year

Lots of people!

Even the horses were supporting March of Dimes


Look how pretty it was



Mommy and Moon Dog, the Cavs mascot


No comments:

Post a Comment