Saturday, April 26, 2014

There is no place like home

Avery was doing well so the plan was to discharge her on Thursday. On Wednesday night she still hadn't pooped since Monday so we tried pushing some prune juice through her gtube to get her to poop but it didn't work. The hospital staff said they weren't going to give her anything until it had been three days without her pooping.  We ended up giving her more prune juice on Thursday morning and still nothing. I told them that she needed something to help her. I wasn't going home without her pooping. They ended up giving her a glycerin suppository and 20 minutes later she pooped. She looked so relaxed after that.  I bet it was such a relief. We got discharged around 12:30 and headed home. The dogs were excited to see her. 

Since we have been home she has been doing okay. She is definitely not 100% and I still think she is trying to poop but can't. We have tried giving her prune juice, pears, bananas, etc and still nothing. If she doesn't poop by Sunday evening, we will probably end up giving her another glycerin suppository. 

I'm sad that she was in the hospital because now she won't be able to participate in the March of Dimes March for Babies walk on Sunday. Oh well, maybe next year she will walk in it. 

She received her last Citrus Lane box this month. Tim and I decided to cancel the subscription to save money for a down payment for a new house. It wasn't that much money but every little bit helps. We also cancelled the Bark Box for our dogs. 
I am sad to see both subscriptions go since Avery and the dogs really seemed to enjoy it but we need to get out of this house. Thursday night we brought Avery home from the hospital and our neighbors (who are always drunk and yelling) were screaming at each other right after we finally got Avery to bed. Tim called over there and kindly asked them to keep it down. They just have no respect. Also, a month ago I heard what I thought was a few gunshots when I was up at 2am feeding Avery. Then that next morning around 7am heard it again. I didn't think much of it until Tim found a bullet on the ground in our garage. We called police and they investigated and it came from our neighbor diagonally behind us. It shot right through the back of our garage and ricocheted off of a few things. The case is most likely going to trial so we can't talk much about it but needless to say, that bullet could have killed us or Avery if we were in the garage 
at the time. We don't even live in a bad neighborhood but we definitely want to move and have more land away from any neighbors.

I am all ready to finally leave Fairview hospital!

The dogs were super excited to see me when I came home. I played it off like I didn't care but I really did miss them when I was at the hospital. 

My last Citrus Lane box included some bowls, a pink racecar, a storybook with cd and a puzzle (and some organic dish soap that I don't care about).

No comments:

Post a Comment