Thursday, January 8, 2015

First Christmas Morning at Home!

This was the first Christmas morning that Avery got to spend at home and it was great. Back in 2012 she was still in the nicu at Hillcrest and last year she was admitted at Main Campus with bronchiolitis. We were discharged later in the day last Christmas.

We went over my to sister's on Christmas Eve. My parents and my brother in law's family were there as well. Then we came home and we each opened up one gift. We have a tradition that  I always buy Tim, Avery and myself new pajama pants and we open them on Christmas eve and then we were them on Christmas morning.

On Christmas morning we opened up gifts here, went to my parents (in our new pj pants), ate dinner at Tim's parents (not in our pj pants) and then later took the annual Christmas picture at Tim's grandma's house. It was very busy and hectic but it was much nicer spending it with our family than at the hospital. Overall, it was one of my favorite Christmas's. I can' wait for next year when Avery will be more into it.

Knock on wood, Avery has not gotten sick since we pulled her out of daycare back in September. I am so happy we did that because I keep hearing how bad the flu is this year. We can't thank Loretta, our friend Chuck's mom, enough. She watches Avery two days a week. She is awesome with Avery and I think Avery loves her more than us!!

She has been doing really well with her hearing aids. Tim and I both feel that they seem to be helping her. Our only complaint is that the left hearing aid keeps falling out and its hard to get in. I am thinking she is going to need a new mold taken of her ear. Luckily, we have noticed every time it has fallen out and we haven't lost it... yet. It is bound to happen at some point though.

Avery had a gastro appointment scheduled for this Friday. When we scheduled the appointment, we were told that they most likely were going to bring in the dietitian/nutritionist when we are there because they are pretty sure they want to start her on an appetite stimulant. Avery is not a good eater. I wonder who she gets that from?? I am worried because she has been stuck at 17 pounds and doesn't seem to be getting any bigger.  She is still proportionate and has rolls but she is really short! We just cancelled this appointment a few minutes ago. It is so cold outside that all of the schools are closed here. I don't really want drag her out in this weather. We rescheduled it for the end of February. Hopefully it won't be as cold and we won't have a huge snowstorm.

This is our family's Christmas card this year. I am sorry if it offends anyone! It was Mommy and Daddy's idea. Believe me, it wasn't my idea to put a picture of my butt on a card.

I love Kaitlin and she is one of my best friends but is it time to open presents yet?

Jammie Family photo!

Look at all those jammies! Kaitlin wanted to pick me up. She is pretty strong!

Opening presents at Grandma and Grandpa S's house

Mmmmmm popcorn from Campbells

Are we done with these pictures yet? I want to start opening gifts!

Picture with Daddy's family! You think there are a lot of people, just wait until you see the picture from Great Grandma's house! Mommy said she will post it once she receives a copy. I decide to be a little risque in this picture and show a little shoulder.

These are the cool jammies we got from Mommy. She decided to go with a dog theme this year

 Thinking about what we would do with all the millions we are going to win when we scratch off this lottery ticket. Mommy didn't take a pic of us crying when we didn't win millions.

Yes, new drums! I think Daddy is more excited for this than I am..do you know who isn't excited about this...look down a couple more pictures.



Look in the background. Chewie is my best friend but he hates when I play the drums.

Donuts at Grandma and Grandpa B's house. What is that weird thing with a cord on the wall? I have never seen one of those before.


Hanging out with my cousins and Uncle George and Aunt Janet

Christmas at Grandma and Grandpa B's house


Hanging out with Aunt Terri.

I must have been really good this year. Look at all of these great toys I received.


I just received all of these toys from Santa and Mommy and Daddy and I am playing with a piece of rubber from a dog toy and some quarters.



So Daddy and I decided to get Mommy this shirt. She really is the sh*t. I love her (and Daddy)!
Daddy is crazy and took a pic of me...sitting on a toilet...and put it on a t-shirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment