Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Feeling nervous

Sorry that there hasn't been an update recently. We have been pretty busy.

As we get closer and closer to Avery's ear tube surgery on Friday, I am getting more and more nervous. For those of you that don't remember, she had tubes put in when she was about 8 months old. We had nothing but issues (from infections to pseudomonas bacteria). I think we were at the pediatrician's office and ENT's office 8 times in one month. Needless to say, they were removed a month later.

Here is a link to her first surgery. Look how little she was and how cute she was in her hospital gown!!
http://theaverysvitakadventure.blogspot.com/2013/04/day-108-at-home-april-25-2013.html

I am really hoping these tubes will work out for her. She is sooooooooooo close to talking, I am hoping this will give her the push she needs. If the tubes don't work out, we are going to really start getting her to wear her hearing aids. Even though she doesn't talk, she does communicate with us. She does a few signs for more and drink. She says "aaaa-yeee" (daddy without the D sound) for Daddy. She follows simple directions like go get your bib and then get a blanket or throw this away in the garbage. She understands a lot of what we say but sometimes gets frustrated trying to communicate back to us.

Her personality is really starting to come through. She is very shy at first with anyone she just meets. After an hour she starts to let her guard down. She is cute all the time (gets that from Daddy) and stubborn most of the time(gets that from Mommy). She is a little spitfire and if she doesn't want to do something, you better believe she will let you know. She is a diva that wants to be carried around everywhere. Tim and I are enablers and have to break this habit. We don't want to have the daughter that gets carried to preschool everyday..lol

Tim's sister, Cheryl, had a baby girl so we are Aunts and Uncles again! Avery got to meet little baby Makinsley this past week. She is super cute! I don't think Avery was a fan though.

We got Avery's 3 year pictures taken this week. She was not having it. I really wanted a picture of Tim and I holding her hand and walking but she didn't let us put her down on the ground during the whole photo shoot. I go give the photographer a lot of credit for having to photograph Avery!
Thanks Sarah Joy Photography! (http://sarahjoyphotography.zenfolio.com/)

I don't have much else to update. Please wish us luck for Friday! Thanks!


I finally got my Father's day pic with Grandpa S!

Hanging out at Target with the 'rents

Happy Birthday Grandma B!

Me, Daddy and Makinsley


 Do you want a taste?

What?! These chickens want to eat my feet?

Look what a good Mommy I am

Yo, whats up?

Look at all my bodyguards while walking around the block

Daddy loves me, he loves me knot. J/K, he always loves me!

Here Daddy, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment