Thursday, July 11, 2013

Yep, You guessed it...more doctor appointments.

We decided to take Avery to the zoo on Wednesday with my sister and her kids. Avery still had the cough but she seemed to be feeling ok. She seemed to really enjoy the zoo. She loved looking at all the people and animals. I can't wait to take her again. 

She had a follow up appointment for her cough scheduled Wednesday night. We saw Dr Love. She is the one who has been somewhat stuck with us ever since Dr So was out sick one day. She is always running behind but that is because she spends so much time with each patient. She never rushes you and always listens to what you have to say. Our appointment was at 6pm so I knew she would be running behind by then. We got called back around 6:40. She listened to Avery and still heard wheezing so she decided to have Avery get a chest xray.

Wow, I have never seen anything so traumatizing in my life. Seeing her get that xray was horrible. They stick her in this thing where she is somewhat sitting/standing. Tim had to pull her arms above her head and this clamp came around each side of her chest around her ribs. He said it was horrible because she was screaming and was looking at him the whole time. The clamp pulled/got stuck on her g-tube and I was yelling "wait wait, it's stuck!". Avery was screaming the whole time at the top of her lungs. It was horrible. 

This is not a pic of Avery but I wanted you to see what it looks like for a baby to have a chest xray. The plastic part that splits in the middle of her chest is what got caught on her g-tube. Thankfully it didn't get pulled out or we would have had to go to the ER. 


We then went back up to the exam room. Dr Love said the xray looked unremarkable. Her lungs and heart looked good and she didn't see anything else abnormal. She said she doesn't know what is causing the wheezing. It could be a number of different things. It could be allergies, it could be the start of asthma, it could be RSV or it could just be from the Upper Respiratory Infection she had a week and a half ago. She decided she wants to start Avery on steroids for 5 days. She thinks it will help the wheezing. Another benefit is that most of the time, steroids increase your appetite/metabolism so Avery might gain some weight when she is on it. The downside is that steroids sometimes make people a little ornery or mean. 

She got her first dose last night. Today she seemed like she was in a pretty good mood but she did not eat well at all at daycare. When I got her home from daycare, she did end up eating a little over 3 ounces of Pediasure. We go for another follow up on Saturday to see if the wheezing has gone away.

I like to hold on while I get my breathing treatment

Daddy is reading me a book called "Daddy Loves Me". Mommy got it for Daddy for Father's Day so he could read it to me.

Daddy, me, Eddie, Kaitlin and Aunt Janet at looking at the elephants

My cousins are silly

I was having a good time at the zoo. I was awake the whole time!

Eddie said that if the camel spit at him that he was going to spit at it

Kaitlin was a big help. She pushed me around most of the day!

Look at the big ears she has!

Family photo by the elephants

Eddie riding the turtle

 I liked looking at the swan

Still looking at the swan

Yep, still looking!

 Just monkeying around

The monkey and I

Who is this guy sitting next to me??

This is a picture from when we were at the doctor's on Wednesday. We were there 2 1/2 hours! It was exhausting for everyone

I am getting so good at my breathing treatments that I take it and put it in my mouth 

No comments:

Post a Comment