Sunday, March 10, 2013

Day 61 at Home- March 10, 2013

On Friday we had a Bureau for Children with Medical Handicaps (BCMH) nurse come to our house. Avery was approved based on her birth weight, prematurity and cleft palate diagnosis. BCMH will act as a secondary insurance and will cover what Cleveland Health Network (my insurance through the Cleveland Clinic) won't cover. Also, we were told that if we would get our feeding tube supplies through a BCMH covered supplier, we wouldn't have to pay a dime for it. I wish I would have known sooner but we were also waiting for her approval from BCMH for the past 5 months. If Avery sees a BCMH covered provider (which so far all of Avery's doctors are) we will not have to pay any copays for her appointments which is awesome. This week I need to call to get new prescriptions for her feeding tube supplies so we can send it to a BCMH covered supplier.

Yesterday I had my friends who I used to work with from Cleveland Clinic Independence over. It was great to see everyone. They all got to see Avery and they still don't believe she cries sometimes :-)

Today, I took Avery to the Parents of Preemies Day event at UH. It was a little get together for preemie parents and they had informational booths, a Carebear you could take pictures with, therapy dogs and a raffle. This was Avery's second trip out into the real world (besides for a doctor's appointment). Her first trip was a quick run to the bank where we got to see my friend, Kandi. She typically does pretty well when we take her places.

I am starting to smile more when Mommy and Daddy talk to me

Trying to smile
 
 I like watching TV (Don't worry, Mommy was sitting right next to me so I wouldn't fall off the couch)


 Playing with monkey
 
Stretching out
 
These are all of Mommy's friends from Independence. They didn't really come to see her. They secretly came to see me :-)

They were all so nice and brought me some adorable outfits and fun things to play with!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment