Saturday, December 7, 2013

Avery is Home!

She was doing so well that they decided to send her home today. She got discharged at 12:30pm with no prescriptions to fill and no oxygen. I was worried they were going to send her home on oxygen but Avery always seems  to amaze me.

She has been doing well at home. Playing like her normal self. She has a bit of a cough and a runny nose but doesn't seem to be in any pain anymore. 

Sorry for updating this so late but Avery just woke up and I tried feeding her some baby food. She took a few bites earlier from one of those pouches so I decided to try again. She ate the whole pouch! I was so proud of her I almost cried. This is the first time she has eaten anything by mouth since her cleft palate surgery on November 27. I tried a bottle after that but she was not interested. I think she will come around soon. 

I am so excited to have her back home and can't wait to spend the holidays together at home and not in a hospital!

Check out my sweet hair from this morning. 

Mommy was rocking me

I can't wait to get out of here. No wonder everyone complains about these hospital gowns. It's like I am not even wearing one!

I am home at last!

They greeted me with sloppy wet kisses :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment