Monday, October 24, 2016

A Week of Firsts!

On Saturday, Reagan turned one week old! It's hard to believe she is a week old already. Hopefully she will be home in a few weeks so I have time to spend with her before I have to go back to work.

She smiled for the first time on Saturday. It was soooo cute! I don't know if she was actually happy about something or gassy but I don't care because it was so sweet :)

She also wore clothes for the first time this week. That is one of the milestones I get excited about when having a baby in the nicu. On my Time Hop app, Avery's first day wearing clothes was on this day (Oct 24) 4 years ago so they are right on the same time line. Hopefully Reagan will be home a lot sooner than January 9 which is when Avery finally came home from the nicu after 132 days.

Reagan has been doing really well. She is still on room air/no oxygen support. She doesn't have any IVs in, just the NG tube in her nose. She just started trying to use a bottle. She took 8ml yesterday and then 5ml and 3.5ml today. She is SUPER  cute too! Her one ear is a little crinkled on top but it just makes her even cuter!

Avery has been coughing a little and has a runny nose. I am hoping we won't have to reschedule her surgery on Thursday. She also has been pointing to her mouth. When I ask if her tooth hurts, she says yes but I don't know which tooth she is talking about. I really hope we won't have to cancel the procedure on Thursday. If we do, then we have to wait another month and it will most likely be scheduled right around Thanksgiving. I really don't want to wait another month because Reagan may be home from the hospital and then that's something else we will have to worry about.


Daddy and Reagan kangarooing

Look at me in my Halloween costume. I am Minnie Mouse. I loved looking at myself in the mirror.



My sister's first smile!


The first time she is wearing clothes. She gets to wear all my old clothes. Mommy is excited because I had some really cute outfits

 Mommy got these outfits from her Aunt Joyce in Wisconsin. I can't wait for Reagan to come home so we can wear them and take a picture!

Me and my buddy, Chewie

Sleepy Reagan

Mommy says Reagan's hair looks pretty blond in this picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment