Saturday, October 22, 2016

Avery got to meet her little sister!

We have had a really busy week besides the whole giving birth thing :)

I was discharged from the hospital on Monday. One of the most exciting things that happened this past week is that Tim brought Avery up to meet Reagan for the first time. I didn't know how she would react. I figured she would take one look at her, climb on the couch and want to watch YouTube videos.

We brought her into Reagan's room and showed her the isolette. She was very interested in Reagan. She eventually waved at her and blew her a kiss. I am so happy I got it on video because towards the end of the video, it looks like Reagan blows a kiss back to Avery. I posted the video on YouTube. Let me know what you think....It is one of the cutest things I have ever seen.
Click here to see Avery meeting Reagan

I have been feeling ok since getting discharged. My main problem is swelling. My legs, feet and ankles are unbelievably swollen. I weighed myself a day or two before I gave birth and I weighed 113. I weighed myself the day after I gave birth and I weighed 121. That is 8 pounds of fluid. I had been hooked up to IV fluids since Thursday and was on a clear liquid diet. It has been difficult to get around. I have mentioned the swelling to every doctor and nurse I have seen since giving birth and everyone says that its normal and should go away in a week or two. 

On Thursday, we signed the closing documents for our house. It is such a relief that we no longer have two house payments. I am also happy that the timing worked out and that I wasn't in the hospital when we needed to sign.


Reagan's footprint

Reagan says Go Tribe!



How cute is she?

I'm not sure I have enough stuff. I was only there a few days!

Avery got to see her poster in the nicu hallway. We made it for the March of Dimes walk 2 years ago.


Meeting her sister







Waving goodbye to baby Reagan

Avery walking down the nicu hallway was bitter sweet.


Eating some pizza...ignore the pepsi, that was mine.


Taking one last pic in Avery's old bedroom. She is actually smiling! This pic is definitely a keeper.


Not sure why but Avery decided to hug the fridge.

My legs and ankles DO NOT normally look like this!

A celebratory shot for signing our closing documents for our old house. 




No comments:

Post a Comment