Monday, November 5, 2012

Day 68 in the NICU- November 5, 2012

I walked into Avery's room and was told by Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy that they just tried bottle feeding her. I was so excited even though she didn't do very well. They did say that it takes most babies awhile to catch on. They are using what's called a Haberman bottle. I don't know much about it besides that she doesn't need to suck in order to get milk/formula from it. She applies a little pressure with her tongue or gums and the pressure causes some milk to release. You can read more about it here...  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haberman_Feeder

Avery is getting 32 ml of formula a day. She is still 3 lbs 12 oz and is now 16 inches long!

These are the bottles that they are trying to feed me with (it is taken apart in the picture because it was just washed)
 
I was sleeping so comfortably this afternoon.
 
I was wide awake when Daddy came to visit me tonight.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment