Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Day 70 in the NICU- November 7, 2012

Avery had a rough day today. She did well being in the crib and was able to maintain her body temperature. She received her vaccinations yesterday and had an eye exam today. The eye exam was normal. She had a lot of desats today. When I was there her pulse ox went down to 15 and its supposed to be in the 90's. She actually turned blue and I started to run and get the nurse and it came back up and she regained her color. It was actually quite frightening. She then had a 7ml green aspirate from her stomach. They said that the vaccinations could cause this and also the drops they use to dilate her eyes can cause her metabolism to slow down. They decided to hold off on her formula and gave her an IV. She still had the IV when we left at 9 tonight.  She was definitely looking more comfortable and not desatting as much as she was this afternoon.
 
I'm a really little girl in such a big bed!
 
Here's a picture of my chunky legs with my new IV :(
 
Daddy got to hold me today even though I wasn't having a great day.
 
Here's a close up. My eyes are puffy from crying and being upset the whole day.

No comments:

Post a Comment