Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Day 91 in the NICU- November 28, 2012

Avery started her sleep study today and it will last for 24 hours. She has a new tube down her throat to her esophagus. It will measure the pH level to see if she has reflux. The nurses have to push a button to let the test know when Avery is feeding. She also has two electrodes on her chest and her pulse ox and heart rate will be monitored as well throughout the test. She is currently getting 42ml at each feeding. Today she took 11ml from the bottle for her first feeding (the rest she gets through her feeding tube) and 4ml the next feeding. She still weighs 5lbs 2oz.

Look at all these wires I am hooked up to!
 
I have a neat new computer in my room, too bad I have no idea what it does! Mommy told me that it is a live feed of my heart rate, pulse ox, etc. used for the sleep study.
 
That new tube in my nose is what is monitoring my pH level.
 
See all those cords and wires? You guessed it, they are all attached to me.
 
This is my version of a white rapper, yo.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment