Monday, November 19, 2012

Day 82 in the NICU- November 19, 2012

Avery's breathing was pretty good today. She hardly had any desats when I was there even though she was very fussy and crying because she had to poop. The lowest it went down to when I was there was 75 but it mostly stayed in the 95-100 range. The nurse said Occupational Therapy came in twice to try to bottle feed her today and she is still having the problem with swallowing the formula. She gets it in her mouth and doesn't know what to do with it. My friend (whose baby was in the NICU for 80 days last year) said that one day it will just "click" for her and she will understand how to bottle feed. I am waiting for that day :-) She is 4 lbs 5.9oz.

I love sucking on my pacifier and I make the cutest noise
 
The picture makes me look a little chubby but I am not this big in real life. The camera adds a few ounces.
 
Snugglin with Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment