Thursday, September 22, 2016

Hospital Bed Rest - Days 10 & 11

Yesterday my friend, Sharon, drove 2 hours up from Columbus to come visit me. She knows all about what it is like to be on hospital bed rest. She had it much worse than me and wasn't allowed to get out of bed and had to lay on her side at all times, even to eat. She brought me a cute bag filled with goodies and even some stuff for Avery. Then I had a visit with the therapy dog, Sophie. I miss Chewie and Scarlett so much. I can't wait to go home and see them.

Today, 3 of us from the antepartum unit went down for scrapbooking. One of the girls is 36 and a half weeks but she is here due to her extremely high blood pressure. They are inducing her on Monday. Another girl is 32 weeks and she has placenta previa. She is having a c-section next week. They want to deliver the baby because he doesn't seem to be growing as well as he should and is just a little over 3 pounds. On the way down to scrapbooking, you go down the hall by the nicu and Avery's poster is up. She is so cute and I am so proud of her for how far she has come.

I got flowers from my parents today. Thanks Mom and Dad! Tomorrow is Art Therapy. On the schedule it says we are making pea pod necklaces so I will post a pic of my completed project. I have another ultrasound tomorrow to check the baby's grow. Hopefully the cervix is holding steady at .7cm.

Cute bag from Sharon filled with goodies

Flowers from my parents


Sophie the therapy dog


Working on something for the nursery. Cutting out letters from scrapbook paper and using modge podge on wooden letters. We finally picked a name for the baby but not telling anyone. There is an "A" in her name though.

Avery's poster in the nicu hallway



No comments:

Post a Comment