Thursday, September 15, 2016

Hospital Bed Rest - Days 3 and 4

There wasn't much to write about yesterday so I didn't do an update. I did have my first reiki treatment though. I'm not going to lie, it was a little weird but I would do it again. It was relaxing but of course my phone rang right in the middle of it..oops! Also, you are supposed to lay there, all still and relaxed..well the baby would not stop moving. She was all over the place. It was hard to relax because my stomach was constantly moving around. Overall though, it wasn't bad and I would do it again.

Today the doctors came by and said that I will have a cervix check and ultrasound tomorrow. They want to check the cervix length, if its still closed and if the baby is still breeched.

Every morning after breakfast I have a Non Stress Test (NST). They just put the sensor/band around your belly and watch the baby's heart rate and if you are having any contractions. Normally they leave it on for 20 minutes to get a good idea of how the baby's doing. Well of course, our little girl is causing trouble already and didn't want to sit still for it. They would get her heartbeat on the monitor and two minutes later, she would move around and they would lose her and have to keep repositioning it. I believe I ended up being monitored for about an hour and a half because she kept moving.

Joyce has been coming down to talk to me. She is the perinatal educator. She picked me up in a wheelchair and wheeled me down to the nicu/family room for scrapbook time today. I saw Therese, the March of Dimes coordinator. She used to run all of the parent support meetings when Avery was in the nicu and she still does. It was good to catch up and she invited me down to all of the nicu art therapy sessions they have so that will be fun and get me out of my room.

A few days ago, Joyce mentioned to me if I would be interested in helping sew some blankets for kangarooing. (When you hold a baby against you, skin to skin. I said sure but that I have no idea how to use a sewing machine. Well, I now have the sewing machine in my room! She gave me a quick run down and there is a dvd I will most likely watch. In order to make the kangaroo blanket, I just trace the pattern of the sample onto fabric, cut it out and then just sew the edges so they don't fray. Nothing fancy but it should keep me busy for awhile. I think I will try to learn how to use the sewing machine this weekend. I am ALMOST finally done with my shutterfly book that I am making so once I am done with that, I will start trying to sew.

I had a few visitors today. My parents came this morning to see me and Greg, Lauren, Tim and Avery came to see me tonight. Greg and Lauren brought us dinner and brought me a bag of goodies to keep me occupied. Hopefully Avery wont eat all my snacks the next time she visits! Thank you all for coming to see me. I appreciate it!


27+6... getting bigger

Non Stress Test

Scrapbooking


Art therapy services offered

The prometrium (vaginal progesterone suppositories) I take every night

No comments:

Post a Comment