Friday, October 26, 2012

Day 58 in the NICU- October 26, 2012

Avery had a good day but a difficult evening. She was very fussy when I got there and wouldn't stop moving around. She cried and whined for a good 20 minutes when I first got there. The nurse tried everything from changing her cpap prongs to the mask, putting her on her side, putting her on her other side, changing her diaper and finally putting her on her stomach to calm her down. Later they weighed her and she weighed 1400 grams, which is about 3lbs 1 oz. I like to think she lost weight because she burned so many calories when she was upset. They are feeding her 25ml every 3 hours and she is still getting the EPO injections on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

I decided to be a little festive and wear some orange today. Again, it coordinates with my hair color.
 
 I am sticking my tongue out at the respiratory therapist, showing them that I can do well without my cpap on.
 
Now I am all tucked in for the night. Mommy decided it was probably best not to kangaroo with me tonight and let me chill out. She will kangaroo with me tomorrow and then she can tell me all about the shower and all the neat things people got for little ol' me.

No comments:

Post a Comment