Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day 63 in the NICU- October 31, 2012

Avery's 1st Halloween!
 
Avery had a good day. I asked the nurse about what needs to happen in order for Avery to get off the cpap. I don't really know what it means but she is at a setting of 4 right now. She needs to be at a 3 in order for her to come off of it. They tried her at a 3 a few days ago and she didn't like it so they put her back to 4. She is also heavy enough to be in an open crib (she needs to weigh 1600 grams) but they won't put her in an open crib when on cpap. This is because there is nothing to hold her cpap tubes in an open crib like in her isolette. She is still 3 lbs 8oz today.
 
 
Happy Halloween everyone! Thanks Luke for my outfit!

 
Some ladies at a church around here knitted Candy Corn hats for all of us here in the NICU:-)

Mommy got to hold me today and it wasn't kangarooing. She liked holding me this way because then she was able to look at me the whole time. I really enjoyed it too. I was really good for the 1 hour and 15 minutes she held me.
 

2 comments:

  1. Sue, you look so happy, real Mom like as you "look" at Avery. So glad you had this first chance. Now many more will come.
    lovae & prayers,
    Mom Svitak

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you! I can't wait to have more opportunities to hold her.

    ReplyDelete