Sunday, December 9, 2012

Day 102 in the NICU- December 9, 2012

Tim spent the night in the NICU. I asked him how it went and he said it was awful.  He fed Avery around 9pm and then the nurse woke him up at midnight to feed her again. Tim held her from 12-2 and she would not stop crying. The nurse took over and Tim went back to bed. Avery ended up crying from 12-4. They decided not to wake Tim up at 3 to feed her again. He woke up at 6 and Avery was really sleepy (probably from being up from 12-4) so they just decided to not try and bottle feed her. They just gave her the whole feeding through her feeding tube. Tim then went back to bed for a few hours.

I hung out with Avery for the afternoon today. She was pretty calm thanks to being up all night with Tim. I tried feeding her and she only took 5ml but she seemed to not struggle as much as she has been. The doctor updated me on her progress. He said they wanted to get all the tests (sleep study, swallow study and MRI) out of the way before Avery is transferred to the Rehab facility. There is only one test left to do before she would get transferred and that is a hearing test. She will be having that done sometime this week.

I worked on our Christmas card today. If you know us, you know we always like to include all of our animals on our card. Even though these past couple months have been really hectic, I still wanted to create a card this year. I am not spoiling it. You will see it when you get one in your mailbox. I am ordering them pretty late this year so I apologize if it ends up being delivered after Christmas. I am going to post pictures of our past cards below.
 
I love balancing my head on my arm
 
 
 I am looking at Mommy.  She was probably telling me how cute I looked in these "ruffle butt" pants.
 
2011
 
2010
 
2009
 
2008
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment