Thursday, December 27, 2012

Day 120 in the NICU- December 27, 2012

Wow, things change in a manner of minutes in the NICU. I loaded up all of Avery's belongings that she has managed to collect these past 4 months and took them to the car. When I got back to her room I found out she wasn't going anywhere. Rehab refused to take her because she was still desatting. The doctors at Hillcrest aren't concerned about it because she brings herself right back up with no intervention from the doctors or nurses. Rehab said their nurse to patient ratio can't handle monitoring Avery for desats. Anyways, now the game plan is to stay at Hillcrest, keep working with Avery on bottle feeding until next week and then they will come up with a new plan.

When I was there this afternoon, Avery had a fever of 100.1. The doctors were just going to monitor it and see what happened. I just got a call tonight and it spiked to 103 so they are doing a bunch of bloodwork to make sure she doesn't have an infection. They also gave her some tylenol. I hope she feels better tomorrow.

Mommy had the day off of work so she spent a lot of time with me today.

This is how chubby the arm is of a 6lbs 12 oz baby!

I have not pooped since Christmas so my tummy hurts. Laying on my belly made it feel a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment