Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Day 97 in the NICU- December 4, 2012

Avery had the swallow study today. The study showed that there aren't any airway restrictions and she swallows just fine. She does have reflux and it comes back up into her cleft and in her nasal cavity. Also sometimes when she eats, the formula goes right up the into the hole in the roof of her mouth. Feeding is Avery's biggest obstacle right now.  There are talks that she might have an MRI Thursday or Friday this week. Luckily, they can do that right there at Hillcrest and she doesn't have to be transported to main campus. They want to do an MRI to follow up from when it was found that she had cerebellar hypoplasia(small cerebellum) when I was pregnant at 20 weeks.

I am still attached to a lot of wires. One of these days Mommy and Daddy won't know what to do when they go to pick me up and I have no wires attached to me.
 
Mommy loves to take pictures while she is holding me.
 
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Mommy and Daddy started decorating my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment