Friday, December 28, 2012

Day 121 in the NICU- December 28, 2012

I am exhausted so this post is going to be pretty short. I worked from 7am-5:30pm, went to the hospital after work and just got home at 11pm. Have I mentioned before that I can't wait for Avery to come home?  Avery's fever went away and she finally pooped (4 times!). Not much else to update. We did let the doctors know that since Avery has been bottle feeding for probably close to a month now and hasn't shown much improvement, that we are interested in her getting the peg tube/g tube so she can finally come home and Tim and I can work with her. Right now it just seems like her progress regarding bottle feeding has stalled. If it's going to be stalled, she might as well be comfortable at home instead of in the same NICU room she has been for the past almost  months. There is talk about scheduling the surgery at the end of next week. I am not getting my hopes up because we all know every 5 minutes things change in the NICU.

Sorry, no captions tonight. I am too tired. I am falling asleep while I write this.




No comments:

Post a Comment