Saturday, December 1, 2012

Day 94 in the NICU- December 1, 2012

I went up to visit Avery this afternoon and got to hold her for over two hours. Her oxygen levels remained really good the whole time. I spoke with the nurse and she told me that other people have also complained about the nurse manager. She said a dad almost stopped coming to see his baby because of her. Tim ended up calling her Friday and telling her that he didn't like the way she handled things. She never apologized for saying we aren't there enough.  We will be writing a letter to the Ombudsman (patient advocate). I am not looking for anything to be done about it, I just want it documented in case any other parents have the same problem with in the future. Avery is now up to 5lbs 6oz!

Stick 'em up
 
 Sometimes when the nurse bottle feeds me, I am more interested in trying to eat the towel

No comments:

Post a Comment