Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Day 7 at Home- January 16, 2013

Aves went to the doctor to get her second Synagis shot today. She was not a happy camper. Then we quickly visited Internal Medicine where I used to work and everyone got to see how cute she is. I made the executive decision to change her formula this evening. There is no reason she needs to be screaming and kicking at every feeding. We are going to try it for a little while and see how it goes. We are now using Similac Sensitive. She seems to be doing well on it. There is no crying during the feeding and none afterward. It's pretty amazing. We will be having a bunch of appointments coming up soon and this is why I don't have a problem making the decision about her formula. Next week we have the Nutrition/Bottle Feeding appointment with Children's rehab. During that appointment, we meet with a Nurse Practioner, Speech, PT/OT and a dietitian. We will discuss all of our concerns about her formula with them next week. Tim and I have decided that we can't wait a whole week before changing her formula. Avery always seems to be in pain when getting fed and it makes us feel like horrible parents that we can't do anything to help her so we finally decided to change....at least for now.

Tomorrow, Help Me Grow is coming to meet Avery and do an assessment. Help Me Grow is a state wide program that offers early intervention and developmental services. I have heard from a few people who have had preemie babies that say they loved having Help Me Grow come out. The services are provided free of charge and they come out to your house, typically once a month. Here is some more info about Help Me Grow..
http://www.helpmegrow.org/

I got a Bugs Bunny bandaid when I got my shot today. I can't believe Mommy is showing everyone my huge thighs



Mommy and I were talking to each other this afternoon
 
I like to watch HGTV just like Mommy does
 
This is a rare moment where I am sleeping like an angel


No comments:

Post a Comment