Friday, January 11, 2013

Second day at home- January 11, 2012

Last night was also rough. She cried during every feeding. We had our first pediatrician appointment today. It went ok. The doctor does not want us to switch to Similiac Sensitive. He said being a preemie, she needs to be on either Enfacare or Neosure. I was sad because she seemed to really like the taste of it. To help her reflux, we all decided to feed her less, more often. The doctor said it seemed like main campus was trying to feed her like a four month old and really she is practically a newborn. He said imagine her stomach the size of a gold ball and they were putting in a racquetball size of formula. So she is still getting the same amount every day so she can keep growing, just a smaller amount at feedings.

We have had two feedings since the doctor appointment this afternoon and she seems to be doing pretty well on the new schedule.  I think Main Campus was trying to make it easier on us and now we are making it easier on Avery. Increasing the amount of times we feed her makes it more difficult to ever go anywhere. We are now feeding her 8 times a day, with each feeding taking 1 1/2 hours. We first try to bottle feed her for 20 minutes and then whatever she doesn't eat, we tube feed her over an hour. Some days, I get jealous of babies who are happy and content and take a bottle within a half hour. I know nothing has been easy up until this point with this pregnancy but I am very thankful that Avery always seems to overcome whatever obstacle is thrown at her.

I am not a fan of the bumbo seat just yet. Maybe when I get bigger I will like it.

At my very first doctor appointment. I am sure there will be many more of these to come.

We look like twins ever since Daddy shaved his head

3 comments:

  1. What the doctor says makes sense...as far as her physical age that is. Sadly, it makes things VERY difficult for you and Tim. I'm sure though, that once she gets the hang of eating better that it will go smoother...and she'll be able to eat more at each sitting, stretching out the time in between. What did the doctor say as far as people helping out? As far as shots go and that kind of thing? I don't want to come by yet...I'm fighting some kind of bug...have had a headache for about 7 days now, on and off...slight fever, that kind of thing...but once I'm better, I'd like to get a flu shot (and anything else) and help if there's a way I can? Let me know.

    Love you guys!
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri,

      They said that you should get a flu shot and if anyone plans on babysitting you should get the tetanus/pertusis(whooping cough) vaccine. The tetanus shot these days includes the whooping cough vaccine most of the time.

      Delete
    2. Terri,

      They said that you should get a flu shot and if anyone plans on babysitting you should get the tetanus/pertusis(whooping cough) vaccine. The tetanus shot these days includes the whooping cough vaccine most of the time.

      Delete