Thursday, January 10, 2013

First full day at home January 10, 2012

Let's just say that last night was ROUGH. Avery cried from 10:30pm-2:00am, non stop, straight screaming. I thought the neighbors were going to call the cops on us for child abuse or something. She was just NOT happy. I think it was a mixture of the formula and reflux. She was so uncomfortable. Needless to say, she slept most of the day today so I am guessing she will be up all night.

The Home Care nurse came out to visit her and Avery looked good. She weighed her and said Avery weighed 7lbs 12 oz. She said it might be different than the scales at the nicu. On her discharge papers, it said she weighed 7lbs 8oz. Tomorrow is her first pediatrician appointment.

Tim and I decided to make the decision to change her formula tonight. We could not stand the thought of having another night like last night. We decided to try Similac Sensitive because I got a canister as a free sample. Plus I heard from a few people it really helped their children. Bottle feeding with the formula was amazing. She was like a completely different baby. I almost cried. She was content, didn't scream, took her time and for the first time in her life, she didn't seem to mind eating, she even almost looked like she might have been enjoying it. She only took about 10ml but it was so nice not having to fight with her to take the bottle. We fed the rest through the g tube. She still was a little fussy during that time but it seemed better than the Neosure.

Kaitlin, Avery's cousin, finally got to meet her today. She was so excited when I had Avery in August. My sister had to break the bad news to her that it was going to be awhile before she got to meet her. She was soooo excited when she came over, she was literally jumping up and down. We made sure she washed her hands really good and used hand sanitizer multiple times when she was here.

We are going to try to go to sleep now and hope that tonight is much better than last night.

I did not want to be in this chair. Normally, I love it but I wanted my Mommy to hold me instead.

This is my cousin, Kaitlin. She was so happy to meet me and hold me.


This is my Aunt Janet who is super excited that I am finally home.

This is how exhausted everyone was today!

I finally got to meet little today. She sat on Daddy's lap while he fed me. She even rubbed against me like she  liked me.

I will probably be keeping Mommy and Daddy up tonight since I slept most of the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment