Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 129 in the NICU- January 5, 2013

They decided to change her feeds a little bit. She is now getting 88ml every 4 hours. We will see how that goes. They tried giving her 75ml every 4 hours last night I believe and she woke up around her usual 3 hour time to feed and wanted to eat. So they increased the amount of formula to hopefully help her last for 4 hours.

Tonight we are sleeping in the "Transition Room". Avery is not hooked up to any monitors right now since she isn't going to be going home on any. It is so nice to be able to pick up a baby and walk around and not get all tangled up on anything or accidentally almost rip something off Avery's body because it got caught on something. I am currently typing with one hand while trying to rock her to sleep. 1:00am will be the first feeding we do all by ourselves with the kind of pump she will get sent home with. I am pretty confident on using the pump. We will get more in depth training on it Monday or Tuesday.

When she goes home, we will be having her mattress on an incline. She was diagnosed with "severe" reflux so we will incline her crib mattress and we are most likely (I will find out for sure during discharge) able to put things around her to position her in bed.

I finally got a name tag on the board by my bed.

I am so chubby I don't want you to see how much I weigh. Good thing the weight is shown on the other side of the scale.

These are all my supplies I need for feeding that will be coming home with me. 
 (IV bag holder, pump, tubes, etc.) This doesn't include the formula or medicines.

Hey there!

Here are some pictures of the transition room

 This is as far as the bed pulled out. It was a teeny tiny bit bigger than a twin bed. Mommy didn't want to fall off the bed so she is going to be sleeping in the recliner



No wires or cords!

Swinging




My cute monkey hat from Linda

Some pics with Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment