Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 128 in the NICU- January 4, 2013

Avery's feeds were increased to 75ml every 3 hours. When I was there this evening, the nurse showed me how to use the pump, flush her line and use her g tube. It is easy but takes awhile to do everything. I am sure we will become experts at it soon. Avery had formula shoot out of her nose today. It was more than just a few drops. If it came out of her mouth I definitely would have said it was throw up. It got all down the side of her face, all on the new outfit I just changed her into and all over her bedding. I feel bad for her because I don't know if her poor stomach that was just operated on can handle the increase in formula. Hopefully she will be ok tomorrow. She did seem much more comfortable today...not gassy like she always used to be. Avery had another eye exam today. Everything went well and she didn't even desat after it.

Tim and I are spending tomorrow night at the NICU. It should be interesting. I will post a lot of pictures of our experience. Now it is looking like she could be coming home on Wednesday. They were originally saying Monday but her stitches had to stay in for a week. I don't want her to be discharged Monday and then have to drag her back down to main campus on Wednesday just to get her stitches out.

This picture was after I had projectile formula come out of my nose and I got all cleaned up

Mommy and I

Me and Grandpa and Grandma

I still had the cannula tape on in this picture but I got it taken off tonight

Hi!

This is the outfit I got formula all over. Yeah, it's my Christmas outfit but Mommy liked it so much she wanted me to wear it again. I sure showed her.

Mommy really likes this picture of me for some reason

This is a close up view of my g tube. The top part flips open and then you hook my tube up to it. I don't mind it except when they have to attach the tube because they have to push it in and then lock it in place. Don't worry about the redness around it. It will go away.

All snuggled in bed. Notice no tape on my face..or tubes in my nose :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment