Wednesday, September 5, 2012

B.A.- Before Avery

Tim and I had been trying to get pregnant for almost two years. We had tried everything from fertility monitors, clomid and IUI. We were all set to start IVF on 4/4/12 and surprise! We found out we were pregnant on 4/2/12. People would always say, "Don't stress about it" or "Try not to think about it". These things are much easier said than done. We should have listened because I believe that is how we ended up getting pregnant. We stopped worrying about it because we knew in April we would be starting the IVF process. Dion from my work likes to think it's from eating a raw egg. I am not so sure.

We never imagined the people living the farthest away would be the first to know we were pregnant. We found out we were pregnant when we were visiting Andy and Cari (Tim's brother and sister in law) in Yuma, AZ. I took a test at 5 am and it turned positive before the two minutes were up. I ran into the bedroom, turned on the lights and showed it to Tim. I had woken him up and his reaction was classic...he gave me a high five.

I, of course, did not believe the test so I had to take a few more just to confirm.








No comments:

Post a Comment