Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day 22 in the NICU- September 20, 2012

Avery is 3 weeks old today!
 
Avery had her picc line removed today. She looks really good and seems much more comfortable without it. Now, if they need to draw blood, they prick her foot. She is getting 7.5 mL food every two hours and they will increase it by .5mL every 12 hours. She was on 27% oxygen and had a few Brady's and lots of desats when I first got here but after doing kangaroo care, she is back down to 21% oxygen (room air) and doing well. I'm sad to say that the nurse is not going to weigh her until later tonight so we won't know until tomorrow if she gained or lost weight. I would put money on losing weight. If you saw the couple of diapers she dirtied when I was here, you would think the same thing.
 
Kangarooing with Mommy
 
See this right here, I was misbehaving and kept pulling the cannula out of my nose so they had to put this tape on it. (Look at my arm..no picc line!!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment