Saturday, September 15, 2012

Day 17 in the NICU- September 15, 2012

Avery needs to start packing on those pounds..ounces would be nice too. Her weight dropped again to 590 grams which is about 1 pound 4 oz. It could be that the nurses aren't super consistent when weighing her, some pick up certain cords, some do not. They are thinking about increasing her breast milk feedings to 5mL every two hours. The neonatologist came in today and said that Avery is doing great for how early she is so I am happy the hear that. She has been having more good days than bad days lately so we are thankful for that.

This picture shows off my pretty hair color that everyone comments about. I was nicknamed "Penny" by Uncle George because he said my hair is the color of a penny.

 
This is the monitor that is in my room. It shows my heart rate (in green). When my heart rate drops below 80, that is considered a "Brady" or bradycardia. It's not good to have too many of those. The number in yellow is my respiratory rate and the number in blue is my pulse ox. We don't want it to fall below 88 because that is counted as a "desat" or desaturation.

No comments:

Post a Comment