Friday, September 7, 2012

Day 9 in the NICU- September 7, 2012

Avery must be like daddy and want to wear sunglasses all the time. She had to be put back under the light because her bilirubin was high, which is to be expected because she just had a blood transfusion yesterday. Otherwise, she is doing really well today. Her breathing is good and they are thinking about placing her on a different ventilator or possibly even extubating her and putting her on cpap in the next few days. This makes me a little nervous because the last time she was extubated, she had to be intubated the next day. She is hard to intubate because of her cleft palate so I would prefer they wait until they really think she is ready before taking the tube out again. We are waiting on the results of the Echo from today to see how the hole in the blood vessel of her heart is doing.

Here is one with the shades off
 
Here is one showing off her hair, it looks like its turning strawberry blond.
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That hair...she is soooo cute! I know it's tough seeing her go through so much. Aunt Patti assured me that the good and bad days are normal...that she has so much growing left to do that daily changes are to be expected. She also reassured me how far "we" have come in helping little ones like Avery survive. That when she entered nursing Avery would not have made it...so in that short time we have made huge strides! (I say "we" like I had anything to do with it! :-)) Anyway, we all keep praying for you guys as well as for Avery. Obviously for Avery's daily growth and strength and health. But also for you and Tim as I'm sure you're both going through some exhausting days. I pray for your strength and peace of mind. God is good and will pull the 3 of through this. You're both so strong...keep it up! And feel free to call ANYTIME!!

    With love,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue,
    Blog lokks great. Good commentry and pictures. Good for me since I don't go on facebook. Avery made the first week, which to us is a bit reassuring. People keep telling me of "stories" of other success babies born very small. We keep praying. Love, Mom Svitak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mom! We did it...we got you on line here! :-)

      Love,
      Terri

      Delete