Thursday, September 27, 2012

Day 29 in the NICU- September 27, 2012

Avery had another rough day with a lot of Brady's so Tim was unable to kangaroo with her today. She did not receive a blood transfusion. They are going to continue EPO injections on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays to try to increase her red blood cell count. They also started her on vitamin D.

When I gave birth, they said my placenta looked weird so they sent it away for testing. I finally received the results today. They said I had a tear in my placenta, most likely caused by a placenta abruption. A placenta abruption happens when the placenta tears away and becomes unattached from the uterus.
 
I forgot to tell you that I got moved to a new room a few weeks ago due to some construction that was going on near my old room. I didn't like the noise and I am glad I complained because look at the view I have now..though I can't see it yet. Mommy tells me the view is much better now.
 
 
See the bandaids on my thighs, that's where I get the EPO shots. Also, notice I don't have what's left of my umbilical cord. It fell off sometime between last night and this morning. Mommy and I were kangarooing yesterday and she was worried it was going to get stuck to her. I'm glad I didn't weird mom out by having that happen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment